BSc, Nanjing University (2001);
Postdoc, National University of Singapore (2004-2006);
Lee Kuan Yew Research Fellow National University of Singapore (2006-2008)
1. Rational design of self-assembled molecular nanostructure arrays over macroscopic area with superior multi-functionalities for molecular nano-devices;
2. Development of effective molecular-level interface engineering approaches for improved organic electronic devices, organic photovoltaic cells and nanostructured materials;
3. Wafer-scale production of high quality graphene substrates and interface problems associated with graphene electronics;
4. Interface-controlled nanocatalysis for energy and environmental research.
1. "Molecular trapping on Two-dimensional Binay Supramolecular Networks" Huang YL, Chen Wei*, Wee ATS*, J. Am. Chem. Soc.133, 820–825 (2011).
3. "Preferential trapping of C60 in nanomesh voids" (communication) Zhang HL, Chen Wei*, Huang H, Chen L, Wee ATS*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130, 2720 (2008).
4. "Surface transfer p-type doping of epitaxial graphene" Chen Wei*, Chen S, Qi DC, Gao XY, and Wee ATS*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 129, 10418 (2007).
5. "Tunable arrays of C60 molecular chains" Chen L, Chen Wei*, Huang H, Zhang HL, Yuhara J, and Wee ATS*, Advanced Materials. 20, 484 (2008).
6. "Organic-Organic Heterojunction Interfaces: Effect of Molecular Orientation" (invited review article) Chen Wei*, Qi DC, Huang H, Gao XY, and Wee ATS*, Advanced Functional Materials 21, 410-424 (2011)
7. "Reversible Single-Molecule Switching in an Ordered Molecular Dipole Array" Huang YL, Lu YH, Niu TC, Huang H, Kera S, Ueno N, and Wee ATS, Chen Wei* Small 8, 1423-1428(2012).
8. "Tunable two-dimensional binary molecular networks" Huang YL, Chen Wei*, Li H, Pflaum J, Ma J, Wee ATS*, Small 6, 70-75 (2010). Selected as Frontispiece Paper.