BEng, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, 1992;
PhD, City University of Hong Kong, 2001
My research goal is directed towards “High-Density Integrated Transceiver Technologies for Wireless Communications and Biomedical/Healthcare Applications”. My research interests can be summarized as follows:
(1) RF/Microwave circuits and MMIC modeling and design;
(2) System-in-Package (SiP) technology using LTCC for RF transceivers;
(3) Bandwidth widening and size-reduction technologies for microstrip antennas and arrays;
(4) Integrated antenna techniques for silicon on-chip antennas and antennas in package using LTCC;
(5) Implantable/wearable antennas for biomedical and healthcare applications;
(6) RF energy harvesting and wireless power.
(112 international journal papers, 120 international conference papers)
1. Y.S. Long, Y.X. Guo, Z. Zhong, A 3-D Table-Based Method for Non-Quasi-Static Microwave FET Devices Modeling, accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques.
2. Z. Zhong, Y.X. Guo, M.S. Leong, A Consistent Charge Model of GaAs MESFETs for Ku-band Power Amplifiers, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 2246-2253, Sept 2011.
3. M.F. Karim, Y.X. Guo, et al, Integration of SiP Based 60GHz 4*4 Antenna Array with CMOS OOK Transmitter and LNA, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 59, no.7, 2011, pp. 1869-1878.
4. X.J. Bi, Y.X. Guo, et al, A 60 GHz 1 V-Supply Band-tunable Power Amplifier in 65 nm CMOS, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS II-EXPRESS BRIEFS, volume: 58, Issue: 11,Pages: 719-723 NOV 2011
5. R. Jegadeesan, Y.X. Guo, Topology selection and efficiency improvement of inductive power links, accepted by IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation.
6. Z. Duan, Y.X. Guo, R.F. Xue, M. Je, and D.L. Kwong, Differentially-fed dual-band implantable antenna for biomedical applications, accepted by IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation.
7. X.Y. Bao, Y.X. Guo, Y.Z. Xiong, 60-GHz AMC-Based Circularly Polarized On-Chip Antenna Using Standard 0.18-μm CMOS Technology, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no.5, pp. 2234-2241, May 2012.
8. H Chu, Y.X. Guo, et al, 135-GHz Micromachined On-chip Antenna and Antenna Array, accepted by IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation.
9. C.R. Liu, Y.X. Guo, X.Y. Bao, S.Q. Xiao, 60-GHz LTCC Integrated Circularly Polarized Helical Antenna Array, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no.3, pp. 1329-1335, Mar 2012.
10. C.X. Zhou, Y.X. Guo, S.L. Yan, Z.L. Wang, Dual-band UWB filter with LTCC technology, Electronics Letters, vol.47, no.22, pp. 1230-1232, Oct 2011.