BSc, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1984
PhD, National University of Singapore, 1994
Fellow of Academy Engineering Singapore, Fellow of IEEE
Provost’s Chair Professor
Area Director, Integrated Circuits & Embedded Systems
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems II
Low voltage and low power circuit design techniques
Ultra low power wireless sensor platform
2011 Institution of Engineers Singapore Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award
2008 Multimedia Communications Best Paper Award from IEEE Communications Society
1996 IEEE Circuits and Systems Society’s Guillemin-Cauer Award for the best paper published in the IEEE
Transactions on Circuits and Systems I and II
1. ZL Yang, L Yao, and Y Lian, "A 0.5-V 35-µW 85-dB DR Double-Sampled ∆∑ Modulator for Audio Applications", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 722-735, March 2012.
2. JH Zhang, Y Lian, L Yao, and B Shi, "A 0.6-V 82-dB 28.6-µW Continuous-Time Audio Delta-Sigma Modulator", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 46, No. 10, pp. 2326-2335, Oct. 2011.
3. M Nair, Y Zheng, CW Ang, Y Lian, X Yuan, and CH Heng, "A Low SIR Impulse-UWB Transceiver Utilizing Chirp FSK in 0.18µm CMOS", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 45, No. 11, pp. 2388-2403, Nov. 2010.
4. XD Zou, XY Xu, LB Yao, and Y Lian, "A 1 V 450 nW Fully Integrated Programmable Biomedical Sensor Interface System", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 44, No. 4, pp.1067-1077, April 2009
5. L Wang, YX Guo, Y Lian, CH Heng, "3-5GHz 4-Channel UWB Beamforming Transmitter with 1° Phase Resolution through Calibrated Vernier Delay Line in 0.13µm CMOS", 2012 International Solid-State Circuits Conference(ISSCC2012), Feb. 2012.
6. XD Zou, WS Liew, LB Yao, and Y Lian, "A 1 V 22 μW 32-Channel Implantable EEG Recording IC", 2010 International Solid-State Circuits Conference(ISSCC2010), Feb.